Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

Request for updates for people growing H. lauterbachii

Andrew Scott
13 years ago

Hello everybody,

I haven't been to this forum in some time. Today I repotted my H. lauterbachii. I had not repotted it in probobly 4 years. I have had mine for at least five now. I finally found a window that it likes in my apartment and it started growing like crazy but no blooms yet.

I mainly grow tropical fruit trees, angel trumpets, and jades. This fall I had to buy a 600 watt HPS light to provide enough light for my trees since they were really starting to take off.

I have had a few people tell me that buying the HPS light for vegatative growth was a huge mistake because this light is designed to make plants bloom better. I guess it is the spectrum of light it produces. Anyhow, I moved my lauterbachii under it and it is growing much faster now. This light heats my room up to about 85 degrees and I am keeping my fingers crossed that with the heat and the intense light it provides, that maybe just maybe, it will bloom.

Has anyone had any luck with getting there's to bloom yet? It really bothers me that Logees sold this under there easy blooming category of plants. 6ft tall or 15ft tall, I would never consider this an easy to bloom plant!

Andrew

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH