Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
none blooming

Posted by margie_d 3 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 30, 11 at 16:49

Hi it's been some time since I posted about my hoya that won't bloom, I tryed everything everyone mentioned and it still has not bloomed , it is taking over my spare bedroom , it looks like some strangling monster,but it won't bloom it is about 15 to 20 years old, root bound and ignored, I don't know what kind it is , it was given to me as a cutting, I will try to post a picture if I can remmember how

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: none blooming

Your plant is probably a Hoya carnosa. I can't remember if we discussed light in the past but that is probably the biggest factor in non blooming plants especially given the age of your Hoya.
Can you tell us about the light the Hoya receives, how close to the window, is there any artificial light?

Flickr and Photobucket are two good sites that allow you to upload photos form your computer and then share them on the forum.

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here