Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
klyde_gw

what bella likes...

klyde
13 years ago

Hi all:

Now you may all know this, so forgive me if you do. I have heard over the years that a few have a devil of a time growing Hoya bella. I was talking today to Tom at Pike Lake. Lovely man in Saskatchewan that grows great specimens of hoyas. Friendly to chat with. I call him up with questions and we natter for a good half hour or so. Got to talking to him about bella and he said a few things that might help some of you (or none of you...).

Bella has a fine root system and is easily overwatered in the winter. He grows it in moss for that reason. With the moss, it is important to make sure that it gets a good drink, and recommends putting them in a saucer for up to an hour.

They also respond very well to pruning, as many other hoyas do, and so a good spring prune starting in March is beneficial. They are pretty good feeders and can do with weekly feeds. 20-20-20 is fine. I can confirm this as I can't grow too many hoyas well, but I can do pretty good things with bella. My bella has been blooming for 2 years now...(hear that serpens you complicated little %$#*er).

Well forgive if this is redundant...

Kelly

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia