Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good news from the Swedish Hoya Society

Posted by ohmybloomers 7a (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 21, 13 at 19:02

The Swedish Hoya Society is lowering its membership fee from 320 SEK to 260 SEK (that's approximately $40 vs. $50).

A huge advantage of membership is the quarterly magazine The Hoya Telegraph. While it's small, it's packed with info and glorious pictures. Just a few articles from the current magazine:
- Hoya lithophytica
- Nathalie works with DNA [identifying hoyas by DNA!]
- My favorites [in every issue - I've discovered great hoyas through these articles]
- Difficult species, part one and part two
... and more.

Just passing it along FYI!

Here is a link that might be useful: The Swedish Hoya Society

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good news from the Swedish Hoya Society

That is good news. :) I hope this means the English translation of the Telegraph has been well received. I just got the latest issue in the mail yesterday and I can't wait to see what's inside - I always learn something.

o

So they are continuing to publish in English as well?
Randy

o

Randy - yes, they started publishing in English last year. The first issue came out in February 2012. The current issue is the fourth to come out in Engish. -- Lesley

o

The latest issue is just as great as all of them have been. I love this publication, as it's informative, has very helpful advice and beautiful photography. The only downside is that each issue I see at least one hoya that I simply "cannot live without"!! BTW, there are only 80 subscribers to the English version, and they wanted to reach a hundred to continue to publish in English...it appears that they're going to continue even though they fell short of their goal. I encourage anyone who loves hoyas to subscribe...I find each issue valuable and read each one a dozen times...maybe more! Fondly, Patrick

o

Do they have soft copy ones that they can send via email? or just published copies?

o

As far as I know they only have hard copy versions, although they did post some PDF examples of the Telegraph when they were polling for interest in an English translation.

You might want to pose this question to Gisela, the treasurer. Her English is excellent and she responds quickly. You can find her email halfway down the page at the link above.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here