Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cpawl

Very buttery.

cpawl
11 years ago

This evening I noticed this hoya is in bloom.

Comments (8)

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

Totally one of my favorite Hoyas!!

It was the first one to bloom for me and at first I didn't realize what was going on. The flowers were hidden and I didn't know they would be so small or strongly fragrant. One day there was just this bizarre popcorn smell near my 4th story windows.

I still think the pink blooms should smell like cotton candy, so I can have a complete carnival, though...

• golden_ca_2000
    11 years ago

Very Pretty Cindy... whats the name of that one?

• emt23
    11 years ago

Nice Cindy! I have only failed blooms this winter, the heat went off and they are in a setback. No apparent losses yet, plant wise. Thanks for sharing! I am going to add this one to my list. I think it is h.heuschkeliana, right? ~ Mary

• cpawl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Mary your right it the yellow heuschkeliana.

• mdahms1979
    11 years ago

You know I am always a little surprised by just how different the yellow and the pink Hoya heuschkeliana plants are from each other. I do love the blooms of the yellow variety but I find it's growth habit a little awkward and stiff; still it's my favourite of the two.

Mike

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

The pink one does seem more delicate to me as well, but I also prefer yellow! :)

As long as we're on the subject, can I ask you guys something that's been bugging me for a while? What's with Hoya heuschkeliana ssp. cajanoae? I've found this name associated with both the pink and the yellow one, arguments over the spelling, arguments over the validity of the publication, and even something that made it sound like not all the yellow ones were cajanoae (or was it pink?). Anyone here feel confident that they know what's what?

• mdahms1979
    11 years ago

You know I am always a little surprised by just how different the yellow and the pink Hoya heuschkeliana plants are from each other. I do love the blooms of the yellow variety but I find it's growth habit a little awkward and stiff; still it's my favourite of the two.

Mike

• greedygh0st
    11 years ago

Haha. I like the way that double-post happened a whole DAY later! So it looks like we're having a conversation in which I am just. not. listening...

Sponsored
More Discussions