Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Very buttery.

Posted by cpawl 8 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 6, 13 at 22:00

This evening I noticed this hoya is in bloom.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Very buttery.

Totally one of my favorite Hoyas!!

It was the first one to bloom for me and at first I didn't realize what was going on. The flowers were hidden and I didn't know they would be so small or strongly fragrant. One day there was just this bizarre popcorn smell near my 4th story windows.

I still think the pink blooms should smell like cotton candy, so I can have a complete carnival, though...

o

Very Pretty Cindy... whats the name of that one?

o

Nice Cindy! I have only failed blooms this winter, the heat went off and they are in a setback. No apparent losses yet, plant wise. Thanks for sharing! I am going to add this one to my list. I think it is h.heuschkeliana, right? ~ Mary

o

Mary your right it the yellow heuschkeliana.

o

You know I am always a little surprised by just how different the yellow and the pink Hoya heuschkeliana plants are from each other. I do love the blooms of the yellow variety but I find it's growth habit a little awkward and stiff; still it's my favourite of the two.

Mike

o

The pink one does seem more delicate to me as well, but I also prefer yellow! :)

As long as we're on the subject, can I ask you guys something that's been bugging me for a while? What's with Hoya heuschkeliana ssp. cajanoae? I've found this name associated with both the pink and the yellow one, arguments over the spelling, arguments over the validity of the publication, and even something that made it sound like not all the yellow ones were cajanoae (or was it pink?). Anyone here feel confident that they know what's what?

o

You know I am always a little surprised by just how different the yellow and the pink Hoya heuschkeliana plants are from each other. I do love the blooms of the yellow variety but I find it's growth habit a little awkward and stiff; still it's my favourite of the two.

Mike

o

Haha. I like the way that double-post happened a whole DAY later! So it looks like we're having a conversation in which I am just. not. listening...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here