Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hoya ID please

Posted by golden_ca_2000 BC Canada (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 26, 10 at 22:47

Does anyone happen to know which hoya this is - at first I thought it was pachyclada but I am not sure? It was given to me as a cutting and the id was not known? Another thing I wanted to ask - is I have noticed that a few of you use these taller style bamboo hoops - (actually I saw quite a few in Mikes plants) And I just wondered - do you find after your plant gets larger they fall over? Just seems like the ones I have seen are quite tall, and in smaller style pots.

hoya

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hoya ID please

Good morning! it sure looks like pachyclada. It might be pachyclada red & white, the leaves are more elongated.
The best thing for a larger heavy hoya with the bamooo hoop is to use a heavy pot to sit the original pot, I use 2 hoops(cris cross) on some of the heavier ones.

o

Your plant looks like Hoya pachyclada, subquintuplinervis or the hybrid Hoya that has the pink/red center to it's blooms.

I use the tall bamboo hoops and I usually wire them in place both at the bottom and the top lip of the pot by drilling or poking holes through the plastic pot. When the plants roots begin to fill the potting mix things become much more stable.

Mike

o

It is Pachycladia...at lease that is what I bought it as. Oh, the flowers match pachcladia too. Hope that helped!

o

Christine Burton mentions in the Hoyan that the plant sold as Hoya pachyclada with pink/red centered flowers is actually a hybrid cross made by Michael Miyashiro so you will be able to decide when you see flowers. I have the hybrid but Hoya pachyclada is said to have oblong leaves that are narrower towards the base so it is a better candidate than Hoya sunquinteplinervis that I mentioned earlier which has more round leaves.

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Great discussion on Hoya pachyclada

o

Hi
I have used Google translate to read the Thai hoya forum. They also talk about the difference between these hoyas.Its about half way down the page if you would like to read about and see photos.

hl=en&sl=th&u=http://topicstock.pantip.com/jatujak/topicstock/2006/02/J4130377/J4130377.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dthailand%2Bhoya%2Bcllub%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG&rurl=translate.google.ca&usg

How do you get the link to show up?

Cindy

o

Cindy just copy and paste the URL into the space provided at the bottom of the page where you type in your message. Sometimes the space does not show up until you preview the message but usually it is there just under the box where you type your message.

Google translate is great because there are some fantastic Hoya sites out there in other languages. I will have to take a look at the Thai Hoyas site.

Mike

o

Mike thanks for trying to help me but I want the link to be blue so every one can just click on it.I must be missing something.I guess every one will have to copy and paste.

Cindy

o

Like this Cindy...

Here is a link that might be useful: Pantip.com

o

Hi
Yes that's what I want to be able to do.So what is the trick to getting the link to show up like that.Thanks for your help.

Cindy

o

Scroll down like your about to post. See "Optional Link URL"? That's where you put the "http://????". In the next box where it says "Name of the Link", you put the name of the site such as "Gardino's". Got it?

Tish

o

Thanks Tish I will have try it next time and see if I am able to do it.

Thanks,
Cindy

o

You are very welcome Cindy :)

Tish

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here