Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is it a Hoya? ID?

Posted by Kihaku-Gato none (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 15, 13 at 1:03

Saw it in a Hanging Basket at Canadian Tire while window shopping. Is it a Hoya? The leaves are reeeeaaally tiny; the largest leaves are probably only the size of a nickel. I'd appreciate an ID. If it IS a hoya I might go back and buy it, since all I have are Carnosas lol.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is it a Hoya? ID?

My guess is Dischidia ruscifolia

o

Thank you very much. I looked up the photos of it and it does seem to be an exact match. It's shame the flowers aren't that showy compared to Hoyas. I find that hoyas other than carnosa are very scarce around here =/

o

They definitely aren't as showy, but Dischidias are such lovely plants. I have to say I enjoy mine as much as the Hoyas. They provide a lovely contrast mixed in, with their (mostly) smaller interestingly shaped leaves.

o

I love mine! It's a giant. The flowers are so white, so pure and soooooo tiny. They also have an interesting scent. Not stinky but not that great either in my noses' opinion. I would go back and buy it! Tough and sturdy plant to grow in good light. I've never regretted buying mine

Kyle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here