Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pachyclada buds open!!

Posted by teisa tn (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 20, 13 at 9:20

Hi everyone. This is the first time Pachyclada has reopened buds from the same penducle. So are these buds normal? I have 15 or so opening or about to open and then there are many more still forming. Ive been waiting on it to open to ask this question because Ive never seen this before.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pachyclada buds open!!

Hoyas tend to bloom a little differently each time but what you are seeing is common. I think this is due to some buds not making it early in their development and those aborted buds are then replaced with new buds. I guess it just means your plant is happy and eager to bloom.
Some species seem to do this more often than others but it's all very natural.

Congrats on the blooms and buds.

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here