Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Checking In

Posted by moonwolf Z6 Central PA (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 21, 13 at 10:27

Hi everyone,

Just stopping in to see how you all and your Hoyas are doing. MIne are doing pretty well. My cutting of Ruby Sue is getting yellow leaves. I have it in soil, planted in a plastic cup, and I think it may need repotted. The soil dries out very quickly in it. Luckily, if it doesn't make it, I have a whole hanging basket of it in the living room, which is just bursting with new growth. Keeping a sharp look out for tiny peduncles :-).

Pubicalyx RHP, fungii, and bella are also showing new growth. Nummularoides didn't bloom for me this year, and it's healthy as can be. No signs of blooms on shepherdii yet, either.

WIshing this winter weather would slow down soon. Now's the time I wish I had a greenhouse. *sigh*. The mad scientist awoke in me the other day again, with the daydream of what would a cross between a Hoya and a Venus Flytrap would look like. I'd even name it Audrey II lol. ;-).

Sorry for my unrelated rambling, but nothing special is going on with my Hoyas, at the moment. Cooking and other gardening adventures, as well as life, have been keeping me sidetracked.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Checking In

Congratulations Brad! Sounds like things are going well. If you have time post some pictures sometime. And I would love to see a picture of your epiphyllum! I've got one that hasn't bloomed yet 2. Btw, are your crown of thorns blooming now? Mine have bloomed all winter but 1/2 of one is starting to wilt, it may have gotten too cold next to a window. Good to hear things are putting on new growth, getting ready for summer :) !!

o
RE: Checking In

Hi teisa!

Sadly, my Crown of Thorns plant perished a year or two ago. I hope the wilted one is okay! To add to the list of my Hoyas showing growth, my obovata is now showing some new growth. It hasn't been the rampant grower everyone claims to be, for me, as well as my verticillata. Both have barely grown at all for me.

I wish I had more room for Epiphyllums, They are wonderful plants. It's not a very old plant, either. I started it from cuttings that were sent to me from here on GW. They are so darned easy to propagate as well.

I'll try to get pictures up ASAP!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here