Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbie_ny

Iris Liddle?

debbie_ny
12 years ago

I hesitate to ask --- but is Iris still in business or did she sell the nursery?

Comments (9)

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

There are new Australian laws that make it far too expensive for even group orders. I know we did our last Canadian order this past spring and we got in just under the new laws taking effect.
    Thailand is the new go to place for Hoyas and the nurseries there have truly impressive collections.

Mike

• summer_fashion
    12 years ago

Wouldn't Ted Green in Hawaii have most if not all of the Hoyas that Iris Liddle had? After all, he did traval to just about every Asian country collecting Hoyas. He even discovered several new species. Maybe if you went to Ted Greens Hoya site and scrolled down you would find the Hoya/Hoyas you're looking for.

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

SRQ Hoyas also has many Hoyas from the Liddles collection plus many other sources. It's true that there is little need to order from outside of the US these days.

Mike

• patrick51
    12 years ago

There will be a "Liddle" order this spring according to Chris Burton. The increase in rates evidently was very small or didn't happen at all...several orders have been done since last summer. Iris plans on shipping in the spring...but, we've heard that before. Iris is currently working on the 2012 catalogue..and will post when it's completed. Iris did not sell the nursery and is still in business. HTH, Patrick

• mdahms1979
    12 years ago

Patrick that's great news. We were under the impression that this new law was going to spell the end of small scale export.
    I will pass the info along.

Mike

• debbie_ny
    Original Author
    12 years ago

This is fabulous news! If anyone is willing to do a group order I would be glad to host it!

• patrick51
    12 years ago

Debbie..that's a great offer..thanks. You do know, however, that you need an import license to host an order from overseas if the order is for more than 13 plants. It might be better if you wait until we find out who is already planning to host an order, and join that group. This usually happens in April. Iris said she'd ship in the spring..but, she said that last year and didn't ship until summer, as she's a school teacher. Last year there were 3 orders from Iris Liddle, all hosted by different folks. So, keep your eyes on the forum as I'm sure the information will be brought up in a couple of months. I didn't find anything that interested me, until Mike posted the picture of his "Giant" lacunosa...looks to me like a "must have"!! Fondly, Patrick

• dmichael619
    12 years ago

There will be a 2012 hoya consignment taking place sometime in the near future. Iris is currently in the process of getting the catalog updated and ready for sending out.

One thing that everyone should keep in mind when taking part in one of these group orders is to get in with a group that is reputable. Don't just jump on the first train that pulls into the station!!

There are some folks I would NOT go into a group order with: one of them is Carol Noel/friends. Personalities aside, I have heard of too many bad experiences.

• Laura_Carnosa
    12 years ago

*snort*

:0)