Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How long does it take.......

Posted by helike13 7a (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 28, 13 at 12:37

How long does it take a Hoya lauterbachii cutting to root?

27°C, Sphagnum moss method in a plastic bag.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How long does it take.......

Time it takes to root has less to do about species than it does about time of year, method, warmth, day length... With the days getting longer, they root quicker than they did a month or two ago, and since you're in a warmer area, that will help, too. Some of it depends, too, on how old the growth was that was cut - older, woody growth takes longer. Most of my Hoyas take about a month to get some roots going this time of year. By the end of April, a lot of them take far less time.

Denise in Omaha

o
RE: How long does it take.......

I bought a H. lauterbachii last year. It was grown from a cutting and nearly half a metre long. So I cut it in half and gave the top to a friend in a ziplock plastic bag (2 for the price of one, LOL). She told me it was putting out roots after about 2 weeks. The temperatures then were mean maximum 29C daytimes, and mean minimums 19C nighttimes. So that was with a piece of new growth.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here