Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greedygh0st

Hello, buds.

greedygh0st
11 years ago

On a nicer note, here are some pretty flowers and buds. :) I also saw this morning that my sp. UT-009 (EPC 698) is budding up on two new peduncles! What a nice surprise that was, as this plant does not travel very easily and Jack from Epiphytica was kind enough to replace the first one I ordered. Now it's all hunky-dory though, clearly!

Hoya sp. Kalimantan (IML 1168)

Hoya sp. Kalimantan (IML 1168)

Hoya sp. RCBR-SP-YKL, clone A (EPC 229) (this one blooms too much, imo, as I'd like it to focus on growing!)

Hoya sp. RCBR-SP-YKL, clone A (EPC 229)

Hoya litoralis (about time!)

Hoya cystiantha (can you see the little peekers?)

Hoya paulshirleyi (what a GREAT friend this plant is)

Comments (11)

• golden_ca_2000
    11 years ago

Wow ... love'n those photos! They are all beautiful... I especially love your paulshirley... got that on my list to paul shirley... I have H. tomataensis - very faithful bloomer very similar to your paul shirley... and the fragrance! Does your flowers last very long as the h. tom only lasts a day or so....

• mdahms1979
    11 years ago

Great photos GG. Did you get a new camera? The detail in your photos is impressive. I love your Hoya paulshirleyi. I have a similar species but it never flowers for me, think it's in a pot that's too big.
    I have quite a bit in bloom at the moment, between my Hoyas and my Orchids. I must have the winter blues though because photographing the flowers never seems to happen.

Mike

• cpawl
    11 years ago

Nice buds GG.I love cystiantha flowers.They do take a long time to mature.

Oh come on mike,I hear you are not evening have winter this year.LOL

I am very excited to say that my H.multiflora 0150 and aff lacnosa EPC 523 are budding up.I do have to say that aff lacnosa seems to be very sensitive to any type of movement or touching while the plant is trying to flower.I have already lost a few peduncles because I was trying to take a photo.

• greedygh0st
    Original Author
    11 years ago

@ Golden

Oh I remember your tomataensis, alright! Your pictures were my inspiration for acquiring the plant myself. I had to wait awhile, to have the opportunity, but I was finally able to get it on the Liddle order in the fall. woo! The paulshirleyi buds aren't the longest lasting, but I think they last around 3.5 days usually. I like the way they smell, too. :) I'm glad to hear tomataensis behaves similarly.

@ Mike

Yep, I am using a new camera now and having a lot of fun. That paulshirleyii photo was taken without even using a tripod - amazing. I feel like the camera is leading me, instead of the other way around. I've had my share of bleh this winter, too. I noticed it's no longer dark when I walk home from work, though, so I'm starting to pep up.

@ Cindy

That is fantastic news about the multiflora and aff. lacunosa! I just can't wait to see those pictures! I have both and, needless to say, neither is anywhere close to flowering. I have to say EPC 523 is a super cool plant, though. The more varieties of lacunosa I acquire, the more intriguing I find this group of plants. There's a lot of diversity and surprises.

I couldn't resist taking a couple more bud pictures tonight...

Hoya UT-009 (EPC 698) (these are just over .5mm wide now)

Hoya UT-009 (EPC 698)

Hoya cv. Christine

• mdahms1979
    11 years ago

Cindy it had started out as a very mild winter but it seems February has arrived with the usual amounts of snow and cold weather. I shouldn't complain because two months of winter sure beats four.

Mike

• cpawl
    11 years ago

Heres a photo of my buds on H.multiflora 0153.

• cpawl
    11 years ago

Heres a photo of my buds on H.multiflora 0153.

{{!gwi}}

• cpawl
    11 years ago

A update on the buds on H.multiflora IML 0153.

• Klea
    11 years ago

Really nice photos! Those sp. Kalimantan flowers are just gorgeous!! Congratulations on your new camera GG, what lens are you using, btw?

cpawl; those multiflora buds look amazing! Like a firework of candy drops!

This is my patella starting to bud up, the buds are juuust about to start growing - still very very tiny. :)

• greedygh0st
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It's really cool how dark those multiflora buds are. They look like a shower of acorns.

@ Klea

In those photos, Canon EF 100mm F2.8 L IS USM Macro.

• amber_m
    11 years ago

heres some buds and a few blooms on my h. javanica....

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company