Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Buds, Blooms and Other Stuff

Posted by kellyknits 6/WV Eastern Panhand (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 19, 10 at 16:24

Can't remember if I already posted some of these - buds and blooms since January 1.
Hoya bella Luis Bois
Hoya bella Luis Bois
Hoya lacunosa snowcaps buds
Hoya lacunosa Snowcaps
Hoya lacunosa snowcaps
Hoya lacunosa snowcaps
Hoya scortechinii buds (blasted...twice)
Hoya scortechinii buds
Hoya retusa
Hoya retusa
Hoya cv Iris Marie
Hoya cv Iris Marie
Hoya brevialata buds
Hoya brevialata buds
Hoya brevialata
Hoya brevialata
Hoya nummuralioides
Hoya nummularioides
Terrarium (aquarium from Goodwill)with Hoya imbricata, Dischidia hirsuta, and Dischidia platyphylla mounted on Swamp Sticks!
Terrarium
Dischidia vidalii
Dischidia vidalii
Butterwort (?) carnivorous plant
Butterwort
Sundew (?) carnivorous plant
Sundew
PVC Stand $3 @ Goodwill - future plant stand!
Plant rack?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Buds, Blooms and Other Stuff

Forgot Hoya DS-70 or whatever the EA version is:
Hoya brevialata

o

Awesome pictures!!! I might have to track down a bella ,,, that bloom is stunning. Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer

o

Beautiful pictures, Kelly....I love what you've done with H. imbricata...all of your blooms are gorgeous...you truly must have a "green" thumb...congratulations!! Fondly, Patrick

o

Beautiful photos of your plants Kelly!

I was excited to see your Hoya scortechinii, that's one I should not have passed up when I had the chance. Does your plant show veining on it's leaves at all? Here's hoping that those buds develop.

The Hoya imbricata that I got last year is starting to grow now but it took a while to settle in. I have one on cork and one on tree fern and they both look happy. Have your plants been mounted on the swamp sticks long?

Mike

o

Kelly, as usual I really enjoyed looking at your beautiful pictures! Congrats on all your buds/blooms...you take great pics! Your imbricata seems to be doing very well...you sure seem to have the knack! Great job! Thanks for posting.

o

Kelly thanks for sharing such lovely blooms. They were certainly nice to see on a dreay day like we're having today.
Ann in So Ut

o

Great photos!! so many are iun bloom, you are doing great!

o

Thanks! I don't think any other hobby has ever drawn me in like these darn plants!

Jennifer- if you can find the H bella Luis Bois definitely get it! The flowers really are stunning and the foliage is beautiful- literally brightens up the room! Mine is an Exotic Angel. I think cowboyflowerman on eBay carries them sometimes as well.

Mike, I got scorthechinii in last year's DL order. Have already taken one cutting from it and it's grown 3 peduncles. It's budded twice, but has blasted both times. The leaves do have darker veins, but it's kind of subtle due to a sort of stained glass look. Mine have some spots on them as well, but that may be environmental. I love the buds - very irridescent with that pink dot in the middle, but TINY! Will take some leaf photos tomorrow.

I just transferred the imbricata from bark to the Swampstick about a month ago. It was actively growing at the time of transfer and is continuing to grow, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! The Swampsticks are VERY clever!

Kelly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here