Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mel_10

Pruning carnosa

mel_10
12 years ago

Hello everyone! Hope all your hoyas are doing well as we start into the new year. I was messing around with my hoyas today as they have been growing like crazy this winter and several cuttings from a few years ago needed to be potted up. I was noticing on my speckled carnosa that it has close to 30 peduncles forming on it when I gave it a quick once over. Last year was the first time this plant has bloomed for me in the almost 5 years it has been in my care. I was going to prune this plant back as it is just becoming much too large and cumbersome but now am unsure if I want to or not.

My question is, as the majority of the peduncles are on the ends of the vines, how fast will new ones form if I do a bit of trimming? The cuttings I will be potting up and sending on to family members, but I'm afraid of how long I will be waiting for new peduncles to form. I've waited so long for these ones.....

I did a search, but couldn't find what I was looking for. So if anyone either has some advice for me or could point me in the right direction to an old thread, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, Mel

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living
More Discussions