Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tigerdawn_gw

New Hoya! Please help ID

tigerdawn
14 years ago

I went to Lowes today to celebrate getting a raise. I had heard there were new Hoyas there. This one is labeled H. lacunosa 'Royal Flush'. I know EA can't label plants right so what do I actually have? (Ignore the water spots)

Comments (8)

• pirate_girl
    14 years ago

I believe that's exactly what the label says. I'd let it adjust & settle in, giving it bright indirect light & observing how long it takes for the mix to dry out. I assume it's an EA, they can be difficult that way, so I'd just study it first.

I've got a Speckled Lacunosa (likely EA, but not labeled) whose watering needs I'm still learning after 2 months.

• tigerdawn
    Original Author
    14 years ago

A correct label? This must be a first! Thanks.

• quinnfyre
    14 years ago

Yup, looks like my Royal Flush. Except yours is much much bigger : ) Mine is just a cutting that is starting to take off. The new growth is really interesting looking; on mine, it is almost black. Can't wait til my cutting gets as big as your plant!

• Denise
    14 years ago

It's my understanding that 'Royal Flush' is a sport that came out of EA's greenhouse and so it was named by them. It's a beauty and I must watch for one!

Denise in Omaha

• tishfromwis
    14 years ago

I'm so "green" with envy Dawn!!! I've been making weekly trips to two different Lowe's for a month now looking for 'Royal Flush'. Since your in zone 7 and I'm in zone 5, maybe in two to four weeks we'll get some up here. I hope they send more than one or two to each store--unless I get the "one" or one of the "two". How many were at your Lowe's? I'm really happy for you Dawn. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

Tish

• puglvr1
    14 years ago

Very Nice Royal Flush Dawn...it is huge!

Tish, I know you've been looking for one, so hopefully in the next few weeks you will see them in your area. Don't feel bad, EA's greenhouse/warehouse is leas than 2 hours from my house, but they don't sell to the public. I've not seen them in any of the big box stores in my area either. Luckily, I'm not looking for one since I do have a Nice 4" rooted cuttings from a very nice member here on a trade. Good luck finding one!

• tigerdawn
    Original Author
    14 years ago

There were several Royal Flushes when I went. Just keep looking, I bet they'll be in your store soon. I looked at Home Depot and WM and they don't have any new EA plants right now. At least not hanging ones.

• tishfromwis
    14 years ago

Well, Dawn, that's good to know. I kept thinking "what if there is only a random one sent to each Lowe's". Or worse yet, only to some Lowe's. It's like getting the "golden ticket". I check at Home Depot too. The only reason I go there is for pots, but I check for hoyas since I'm there. I like Lowe's better. It's nice and clean.

Congratulations on your lucky find of your 'Royal Flush'!!!

Tish

Sponsored