Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mojavelove

Yay my first Hoya!

MojaveLove
13 years ago

I stopped by a nursery on my way home today that I swore I would never go to because they have so much amazing stuff. I was thrilled to see a place that had cacti and succulents with REAL BLOOMS and potted correctly! I couldn't believe it.

There were a bazillion pothos plants (yawn) and sadly only two types of hoyas. When I was leaving I asked the cashier if they had any others or ever get any others and she said no. She did make a point to make sure to tell me not to leave the little guy in the car which I've never heard from HD ha ha

There were three really nice sized carnosas (that's what it said at least) but they scared me because they were $23 and also they looked like wild animals sticking out everywhere. One found a pipe in the ceiling and wrapped around it. Carnosas are climbers? Not what I want lol

Anyway the only other(sigh) type they had were compacta. I really wanted to get something more "unique" but I guess for my first Hoya, a common one in a 4" pot isn't a bad idea. It was only $7 too which is around what I wanted to spend.

Anyway, I know you've all seen it many times before but here it is!

There was a variegated version of it too but they were all smaller. A few of the green ones were right up against the window and pretty big but their leaves were cracked. I assumed that the all green are faster growers than the variegated, yes?

Also sad to read here that it takes a really long time for these to bloom, but since it is my first hoya might die soon anyway haha!

Are these climbers too? I'm assuming it is based on the leaf-less part of stem reaching out. This thing looks like it would be a nightmare if it ever gets mealies.

Comments (5)

Sponsored