Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Took a break but I'm back again

Posted by tigerdawn 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 14, 10 at 22:26

Hey guys! I was on here a lot last year and then I got sucked into vegetable gardening for a while. But I was looking at some hoyas again the other day and I HAD to come back again! I missed it here!

Here are some current pictures of my collection. This is from my grandmother's carnosa, the one that started my lifelong love of hoyas. Mom gave it to me last summer. It bloomed so much at her office that the coworkers complained of the sap and the smell!

Photobucket

Here's a carnosa I got as a cutting from a professor in college in 2004
Photobucket

DS-70 from EA in 2008ish
Photobucket

Krimson Princess from EA in 2009. I've been bad about letting it revert.
Photobucket

H. carnosa Chelsea from BigBox this fall
Photobucket

H. wayetii (if I remember right) cuttings that took forever to root but are doing well now! From a trade last summer.

Photobucket

Same trading spree, but a compacta this time. Also slow to root but making it.

Photobucket

If anyone sees a vine they'd like, I'd be happy to trade for hoyas I don't have!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Took a break but I'm back again

Your plants look awesome! Thanks for sharing all your photos! And Welcome back! :0)

o

Welcome back, TigerDawn! I love all your plants!
I don't see how anyone could not like the fragrance of a hoya (unless it does have a foul smell or people have a sensitive nose or allergies).

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Hi Tigerdawn,
I would love to have a start of your DS-70. I can trade you a fishtail hoya.
Trish

o

Welcome back Tigerdawn! Nice to see you posting again. Nice and healthy hoyas you have there. Its hard to stay away from this forum for long :o)

Hi Brad, I have to say that I can see how some people can find a certain fragrance a "bit much". I've had to take my Lacunosa and my KP/KQ outside when I have several blooming at the same time. For me it can become very strong and overpowering. As a matter of fact I grow most of my larger hoyas outside most of the year due to space and the overpowering scent when they are all blooming at the same time. It can give me a headache,lol...

o

Hi Tigerdawn, welcome back. . .

I think I recognize the wayettii, I was wonderin how it was doing for you. I have to say it's bigger than the one I started with, and is looking very happy. You have some very nice looking hoyas BTW. . .

Hers a picture of mamma . . the one that started my love for hoyas. . it's hard to believe it was once smaller than yours.

Hoya Wayetii

Maid~

o

Thank you everyone!!

Trish- I'd love a cutting of your fishtail! Should we wait till spring?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here