Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Valentine's Day Leaves

Posted by greedyghost 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 4, 13 at 22:42

So, I was thinking we should play a game and see how many Valentines we can find in our plants. I can already think of a couple I didn't get shots of tonight, but here's some for starters...

Hoya vitellina (IML 0452)
Hoya vitellina (IML 0452)

Hoya sp. aff. biakensis (EPC 498)
Hoya sp. aff. biakensis (EPC 498) (this leaf got a little dehydrated, but this plant's foliage has the loveliest silvery wash)

Dischidia diantha (geri)
Dischidia diantha (geri)

JLD_6042
Scindapsus pictus

Hoya merrillii (IML 0465)
Hoya merrillii (IML 0465)

Hoya balaensis (EPC 626)
Hoya balaensis (EPC 626) (this heart's scarred but not broken)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Valentine's Day Leaves

I have a couple plants with heart shaped leaves.

Peperomia caperata (actually purchased early by Hubby as a Valentine's Day gift!)

o

Oops, meant to insert my other heart shaped leaf... Nevermind the dusty leaves! I live a life of shame (cleans plant)

Hoya carnosa 'Chelsea'

o

Wow GG you have a lot leaves that fit in this category.I have this laconosa that has heart shaped leaves.

o

Haha. The heart effect can be enhanced by camera angle ;) Which lacunosa is that one?

Great submissions, planto! I was really hoping someone would take a picture of Chelsea since mine isn't that accessible. Tell your husband way to go on the Peperomia - I can't think of a better Valentine than a heart shaped leaf with a romantic shimmer.

o

GG,this hoya came home in my suitcase a couple trips ago while visiting JJ plant market in Bangkok,so no name.The higher the light the nicer the heart shaped leaves it gets.Its easy to grow and flower,its a must have for those you collect laconosa's.

o

GG,
Thanks! I thought the same about my Pep. The man knows the way to my heart, just buy me a nice plant. :)

Planto

o

GG, I am in LOVE with that clone of merrillii! It is to DIE for!

Here are a few...

The "black heart", archboldiana...
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

I always think curtisii looks like tiny hearts...

Deykeae has a "chiseled" heart...

Of course, kerrii, the sweetheart Hoya...

Variegated kerrii...

I can't resist showing my favorite macrophylla photo...

And I'll post a photo I use every year in the February issue of my local cactus club's newsletter (which I edit...)

Denise in Omaha

o

Your plants are all so beautiful Everyone!

Such a nice thread...

By the way, that Hoya from Bangkok Cpawl looks my my Hoya Lacunosa'tove' I have. It's pretty!

Mike

This post was edited by meyermike_1micha on Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 12:51

o

Oh, oh! How could I forget the Million Hearts Dischidia??

Denise in Omaha

o

Mike I don't believe my plant is lacunosa tove.I have found a nice web page that shows a nice photo of lacunosa tove leaves.

Cindy

Here is a link that might be useful: Lacunosa tove.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here