Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Woody H. caudata cutting with one leaf

Posted by brsucculents none (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 6, 13 at 5:30

I recently received a cutting of H. caudata. It's very woody with lots of dead/dried up roots along the stem. Also there is only one leaf left on the cutting. What are the chances that it will root?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Woody H. caudata cutting with one leaf

I have found caudata is easy to roo,t so your chances are good.I would put it in what ever medium you use and in close it in some thing and give warmth and light and it should root fine.I have on small cutting in a clear cooking jar with the lid closed so lots of humidity and its starting to grow.

o

I recently purchased a couple of 7" high humidity domes for flats from gh mega store.
Thanks for the hope cpawl.

o

Sounds just like the cutting I got when I ordered my caudata - just a short stem with a single leaf. It rooted like any other cutting, now two new vines have formed and the plant is growing nicely. :)

o

Awesome! This is such a beautiful plant.

o

Can anyone recommend a good vendor for Caudata? I have fallen in love with those leaves after seeing a few pictures!!

o

I received mine from Aleya Garden. I believe they offer two different clones. One is from Sumatra.
Fyi, I saw a root emerge from the woody caudata cutting after two weeks. Thanks to everyone who answered my question.

o

Is it possible for a stem to root with now leaves? I received some more cuttings and I think the leaves are going to fall off.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here