Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dropped peduncle. . . :(

Posted by maidinmontana 5 (debirosin@bresnan.net) on
Sat, Mar 27, 10 at 9:56

G'Mornin folks,

I was checkin my multiflora this morning and I noticed the oldest peduncle is laying in the pebble tray. It fell off. This peduncle has tried three times to flower, even got buds almost to the opening stage and then they all fell off. I took the advise from the folks here and that was to put a pebble tray under the plant and see if that didn't help. Well, since then I got two new peduncles and several new leaves.

Is it normal for a peduncle to fall off? It hasn't been bumped or anything. I'm curious as to why it would fall off.

Thanks,

Maid~

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dropped peduncle. . . :(

No need to worry, unlike many other Hoyas the peduncles of this species drop after they flower a few times. New peduncles will form at the axis of each new pair of leaves.

Mike

o

• Posted by geosdee Zone 8 FL Panhandle (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 28, 10 at 9:02

Maid, my multiflora has dropped all of its peduncles, and then after about a month or 2 it started sprouting new again. Really a neat plant.

Dee

o

OK I feel better now. . . thanks.

Since I had such a hard time getting this to complete a bloom cycle, I was sure it was something I was doing wrong. . .

I love this forum. . .

Maid~

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here