Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eli_h_gw

Iris Liddle's 2010 catalog

eli_h
14 years ago

Hi All,

Does anyone received Iris Liddle's 2010 catalog ?

Edit/Delete Message

Comments (14)

• mdahms1979
    14 years ago

I have still not heard anything about the new catalog but I will post any info as I hear it.

Mike

• eli_h
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I found this message on the web

Here is a link that might be useful: liddle 2010

• dmichael619
    14 years ago

the 2010 catalog is out. I have a copy but have absolutely no idea how to attach it to this site. If some one could help me out i'll be happy to share.

• PRO
    SRQHoyas
    14 years ago

I notice Ms. Burton is hosting the order this spring.

• dmichael619
    14 years ago

Hopefully there will be more than just one order to Iris Marie. I can't imagine that there will only be one single order for hoyas .BUT!! If there's only one and C.B. is hosting it --COUNT ME OUT. I'd rather order all by myself and pay the $$$

• eli_h
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I upload the catalog to msn site hope it will work

Here is a link that might be useful: Iris Liddle's 2010 catalog

• maidinmontana
    14 years ago

Is there someone who is going to take all the orders or is it to each his own this year?

Maid~

• ladygreensleeves
    14 years ago

Maid,

I was told that the Australian government charges a quarantine & inspection fee before issuing a phytosanitary certificate (required by our government when we import) amounting to about $100 when plants are exported (whether the order is for 1 cutting or a hundred or more cuttings). And that is why group orders are put together......

The email I received went on to explain that Iris Marie has asked that whoever does these group order to submit them as one big order...Here is part of that e-mail

This time Iris has asked that instead of sending your orders directly to her that you send them to me and that I send all of them to her at the same time. This will save her a lot of bookkeeping time and the extra work of keeping track of whose order goes out with what order. She works as a special education teacher and needs to save all the time she can.

Iris will bill you and add shipping and phytosanitary fees, based on the number of cuttings you order. She'd prefer that you pay her by PayPal.

I would think you could go it on your own but it would be rather pricey.

My question is: Is the cost of shipping and the certificate split with everyone based on the amount of cuttings you order?

• dmichael619
    14 years ago

Maid, the answer to your question is yes..it will cost X amount of $$$ to ship the box from Australia to the states. That shipping cost is divided up between each participant in the consignment and Iris will add in each persons share to their individual invoice.Cost of the phyto certificate is done the same way.

You will also end up having to pay the consignment host a small postal fee for the cost of them actually shipping the cuttings from them to you.Most hosts that I have dealt with usually ship priority mail. I have taken part in at least 8 consignments now and have always been asked to pay at least $8.95 for shipping which is not bad. Especially considering the number of cuttings that I order!!!

Hope this helps.

David

• kellyknits
    14 years ago

Eli,
    Thanks for posting the catalog! I've been meaning to do it and just hadn't gotten around to it yet...been dealing with old copper pipes in my house going bad...just had them replaced yesterday - ouch...That may have been the deciding factor in whether I order or not!
    Kelly

• trini1trini
    14 years ago

I would like to host the consignment if no one else minds. I took part in the last few held by some very nice hosts. So if no one else volunteers, I'll host it. I already have my rather long list ready and it's still going... :)

• dtm1966
    14 years ago

I would love to be included in the order if it goes forward. I had a very difficult winter this year in Houston. My circuit breaker blew during our freeze and my little tent greenhouse got below freezing. It was not pretty. Ive been very bummed but maybe getting a few of my favorites replaced will get me back in the spirit

Thanks you
    Dawn

• bullsie
    14 years ago

I would like to order also.

Trini1, will you be the one to take the orders?

• trini1trini
    14 years ago

Bullsie, if I get enough interest, I will gladly host the order. So far, only 3 people have emailed me so we'll see.
    Trini-