Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
An Awesome Spring Day!

Posted by moonwolf 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 19, 10 at 13:08

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to comment on this nice spring day here in PA! A nice breeze going through and the windows are open to enjoy it! All my hoyas and other houseplants are enjoying it too after being stuffed up in the house all winter long. BTW, the first day of spring is tommorrow!
Hope it's nice where you're at!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: An Awesome Spring Day!

I am doing the same thing too. Just beautiful.

o

We have been basking in 14-18 degree Celsius days all week here in Southern Ontario, just beautiful weather.
Tomorrow is the local Orchid Society's show so I am off to help set up and hopefully to nice weather will bring lots of visitors to the show.

Mike

o

Mike, I hope the OS show is a sucess!

Call me crazy, but I even dared to put 4 experemental hoyas out in the shade. I'll bring them in tonight, as I don't want them to get cold (it's been in the low 50's or so at night here). Plus a moonflower seed (experiment) is setting outside as well. Two days coming up that will be in the 40's but will go back up into the 50's after that.

It's in the 70's right now and breezy. I'd say it was spring for sure!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Our first day of spring here in OK will come with the second record breaking blizzard of the year. Some are predicting 15" of snow. The animals and I have been making the most of the nice afternoons and me being off work due to a respiratory infection.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Well, it did snow last night, but just a little bit. It's warmed up considerably over the day and it's supposed to be just beautiful for the next few days at the least. Sadly no plants are going outside yet as the deck is covered in garbage and tools and whatnot as I'm renovating my house.

Don't wany any plants caked in dust, knocked over or heaven forbid sliced with a table saw (unlikely but ya never know).

o

Tigerdawn - your dog and cat look like they don't have a care in the world! And your bunny is picture perfect. I hope you feel better soon.

Brad - I thought of you the other day at the big box store ,,, they had a ea rope hoya in a 6" pot. It was cute as a button! I wondered what you ever decided on that one.

Yeah, my old carnosa is REALLY looking forward to spring too ,,, he told me he wants out of the house and back outside. ;)

Jennifer

o

Tigerdawn, I love the pictures! I hope you feel better soon! How's your grandmother's carnosa buds doing?

Jennifer, I'm all out of room to get a rope. However, I got a varigated (Mauna Loa) cutting in a trade that will be going to a friend. How's your carnosa? Any signs of buds?

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here