Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

My Black Dragon Arrived Today!!!

moonwolf_gw
13 years ago

Hi everyone,

In the mail today was my Black Dragon from Joni!!! It's in excellent condition, very well packed and the most suprising thing to me was how fast her shipping is! Oh yes, this is an excellent present for my 21st birthday (still 11 days away)!!! Here are the pictures I took a few minutes ago. Enjoy!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Comments (14)

• greedygh0st
    13 years ago

That's a beauty! Congratulations.

I had no idea this was the big 2 1 for you. Did you mention it and it went right over my head?

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, GG!

I did mention it on here which birthday it was. I will be ordering from her again in the future! I can only hope that she'll have White Dragon available soon too! How's your Black Dragon doing?

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• patrick51
    13 years ago

Brad...what a beautiful hoya...it looks so huge!! Ordering from Joni is always a pleasure and no one ships faster than she does!! Congratulations and happy 21st!! Fondly, Patrick

• mdahms1979
    13 years ago

Happy birthday Brad and what a great gift!

Mike

• oneeyedcactusjack
    13 years ago

Try not to murder this one. Good luck and happy bday.

• puglvr1
    13 years ago

Congrats on your beautiful hoya Brad! Its a beauty...Good luck with your new plant and a Happy Birthday to you! Isn't it nice to get hoyas for your birthday.

• greedygh0st
    13 years ago

Mine is flourishing a little too fast. It's headbutting the light source. I need to move it today, while I'm thinking about it. :X

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks again, everyone! My birthday's not until the 27th but I greatly welcome your wishes and comments!

Patrick, it's actually not that huge. It's small but very healthy and is developing new leaves.

Oneeyedcactusjack, pubicalyxes are an easy hoya for me (and they're easy growing in general) so I have no worries about it.

GG, wow! It sounds like a fast grower like Pink Silver! Once mine gets adjusted to it's new environment, I'll put it in a bright window until it's time to set them out for the spring and summer.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• meyermike_1micha
    13 years ago

Hi Brad!!!

Yes. What a great gift to get. I too have received a plant at almost every birthday for the past 20 years since I was around 18...lol

I must say I would be just as excited as you. I know what you mean about Joni. I just received some from her too and they were just beautiful and healthy.
    I did do something wrong with one of them and I don't want to admit it here.

You are a joy to see around here since I really like reading your posts!
    Take good care of that baby and please let us know how it does.

Enjoy

Mike:-))))

• jlt37869
    13 years ago

Nice birthday present. You'll have to keep us posted on its progress.

Wishing you a very happy birthday!!

Jennifer

• greedygh0st
    13 years ago

lol Now I am just so curious about what Meyer Mike did. And I'm not going to admit on here the crazy things I'm imagining!

Joni's plants are brilliantly robust. I've only ever lost one and that was a deykae that arrived quite unusually wet only to get a shock in the air conditioned corporate apartment. Poor little guy didn't have a chance even after being moved into an aquarium. So tragic! He'd obviously left FL in the pink of health.

• eliz_r
    13 years ago

Happy advanced birthday Brad! Wishing you the best of luck with the Black Dragon. Please post some pictures up when it blooms :).

You and Mike lucky to get plants for your birthdays. People I know avoid to give me plants because they think I have too much (which I don't btw...)...because you know every day is my birthday and I gift myself of new plants lol.

Eliz

• kellyknits
    13 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone! Meyer Mike, thanks! I hope to write professionally one day. Not necessicarily about gardening, but I do enjoy writing.

Eliz, I'll be sure to post pictures when it does bloom. Later on, I'll post a picture of my ice cream cake. We started to eat it yesterday (more or less celebrated yesterday). I wish you all could have a piece!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Sponsored