Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cpawl

flowers

cpawl
14 years ago

Hi

I came home Friday morning to find some of my hoyas blooming.

And bella is just full of flowers but I just cant get a good photo.

Comments (10)

• golden_ca_2000
    14 years ago

Very Beautiful photos. What is the name of the first one? Which variety?

• hong2007
    14 years ago

Lucky you, I wish I can see and touch one in real life :(

• cpawl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Golden
    I have all ways thought the plant was either pachyclada or subquintuplinervis. I have 3 and the flowers all different from each other.But I now see in the new liddle offerings she has listed Aff. subquintuplinervis chutachuck market. This is where I have gotten all 3 of mine so not sure.
    This plant market(people in Bangkok just call it jj market)is every Wednesday and Thursday.It is a very large out door market and I can only last about 1.5 hours before I give in to the heat and with me sweating into my eyes.

Cindy

• geosdee
    14 years ago

I love the first one Cindy, can you take a picture of the leaves? I want to compare it to my pachyclada, I received mine from Gardino's. I am just amazed how much the multiflora blooms and grows.

Dee

• puglvr1
    14 years ago

How pretty! I love the Pachyclada or whatever it turns out to be. I have a Pachyclada and hoping to get a flower soon? Thanks for sharing! Welcome Back!

• mdahms1979
    14 years ago

Yes Cindy I would love to see the leaves of your mystery Hoya as well. I got a Hoya pachyclada from Thailand with the dark centered flower as well so I wonder if it is the same as yours. The center of your plant's blooms look purple,gorgeous colour combination.

Mike

• cpawl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks guys,Jet leg has really set in so I will try to take some more pics tomorrow.I have three plants one has white flowers,one has dark pink/red center and this one.

Cindy

• cpawl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi
    Here are the photos of the leaves.They have a very deep middle line.

And the back of the leaf.

This is the leaf of my pink/red one.

• mdahms1979
    14 years ago

Cindy thanks for posting those photos. My plant resembles the first two photos. Do you water your plant often or grow it hard with bright light and little water? I try to let mine dry out completely so that it keeps it's succulent appearance.

Mike

• cpawl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Mike
    In winter I have the plants about 6inchs from my grow lights and in the summer I have theses hoyas outside facing west.
    During the winter I let the plants dry out before giving water.If I give to much water the steams get mushy and i have to cut back to good steam.I give a little bit more water in the summer.
    I have also found that if these hoyas don't get enough light they get leggy.

Cindy

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!
More Discussions