Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
flowers

Posted by cpawl (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 28, 10 at 13:55

Hi
I came home Friday morning to find some of my hoyas blooming.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And bella is just full of flowers but I just cant get a good photo.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: flowers

Very Beautiful photos. What is the name of the first one? Which variety?

o

Lucky you, I wish I can see and touch one in real life :(

o

Hi Golden
I have all ways thought the plant was either pachyclada or subquintuplinervis. I have 3 and the flowers all different from each other.But I now see in the new liddle offerings she has listed Aff. subquintuplinervis chutachuck market. This is where I have gotten all 3 of mine so not sure.
This plant market(people in Bangkok just call it jj market)is every Wednesday and Thursday.It is a very large out door market and I can only last about 1.5 hours before I give in to the heat and with me sweating into my eyes.

Cindy

o

• Posted by geosdee Zone 8 FL Panhandle (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 28, 10 at 16:41

I love the first one Cindy, can you take a picture of the leaves? I want to compare it to my pachyclada, I received mine from Gardino's. I am just amazed how much the multiflora blooms and grows.

Dee

o

How pretty! I love the Pachyclada or whatever it turns out to be. I have a Pachyclada and hoping to get a flower soon? Thanks for sharing! Welcome Back!

o

Yes Cindy I would love to see the leaves of your mystery Hoya as well. I got a Hoya pachyclada from Thailand with the dark centered flower as well so I wonder if it is the same as yours. The center of your plant's blooms look purple,gorgeous colour combination.

Mike

o

Thanks guys,Jet leg has really set in so I will try to take some more pics tomorrow.I have three plants one has white flowers,one has dark pink/red center and this one.

Cindy

o

Hi
Here are the photos of the leaves.They have a very deep middle line.

Photobucket

And the back of the leaf.

Photobucket

This is the leaf of my pink/red one.

Photobucket

o

Cindy thanks for posting those photos. My plant resembles the first two photos. Do you water your plant often or grow it hard with bright light and little water? I try to let mine dry out completely so that it keeps it's succulent appearance.

Mike

o

Hi Mike
In winter I have the plants about 6inchs from my grow lights and in the summer I have theses hoyas outside facing west.
During the winter I let the plants dry out before giving water.If I give to much water the steams get mushy and i have to cut back to good steam.I give a little bit more water in the summer.
I have also found that if these hoyas don't get enough light they get leggy.

Cindy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here