Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What kind of Hoya is this?

Posted by jkc1023 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 30, 13 at 14:03

Hi Everyone,
There is a plant on ebay that the seller claims is a Hoya pubera but when I look at a pubera online, the flowers are entirely different! The only reason why I care is because a received a bunch of cuttings from a friend's plant and hers looks identical to the one being sold on ebay. Her foliage is very small, one to one and a quarter inch long, and with whitish carnosa-like flowers. (can you tell I'm new to this!)

The ebay plant is labeled, "Sweet Scented Mini Wax Plant - Hoya - Great House Plant - 6" Hanging Pot."

The seller id's it in the description as H. pubera (and they also state its in a 4" pot, hmmmm). Also, the seller isn't taking questions.

Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What kind of Hoya is this?

If you're talking about this listing, it is a Hoya nummularioides. Hoya picta/pubera doesn't have fuzzy leaves, and they are quite a bit smaller, at least on my collection of it.

If this is the plant you have, I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot. It usually blooms in the late summer to early fall.

o

the seller of this is hirts gardens... DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER!!! i bought my first few hoyas from them... all different carnosas, and all of them were infested with mealies and what i think was scale... they were horrible to deal with and i will never buy from them again!!!

o

Thank you!! Yes, that is what my friend's plant looks like! And thank you, Amber, for your recommendation. Naw, I wouldn't buy from a seller who wouldn't answer my questions anyway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here