Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Intrigued !!!

Posted by lori_40 Ontario (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 30, 10 at 15:00

I am facinated by all these types of Hoya plants and their beautiful flowers. Where do you find all the different kinds? In my area I see the same one all the time. There are lots of little plants without names but i don't know if they are Hoyas. Isthere some feature they all have in common to look for? Is there a place on-line to buy if your in Canada? Thank-you,Lori

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Intrigued !!!

Lori Hoyas are not at all common in Canadian nurseries or most American nurseries for that matter. You need to look for a nursery that specifically sells Hoyas and in Canada that includes Pike Lake in Saskatchewan and another in Montreal who's name slips my mind. Most of us Canadians buy plants from overseas, places like Paul Shirley Succulents in the Neatherlands and Botanova in Sweden ship cuttings of many Hoya species. If you check Walmarts and Rona type stores you can sometimes find Exotic Angle Hoyas in hanging baskets, a few different species and cultivars.

Look up Paul Shirleys Succulents and Botanova and you will be in Hoya heaven. I have ordered many times from Paul Shirley and have never had a problem. Cuttings can take some time to arrive in the mail so you need to know how to treat them if they are dehydrated and how to root them, all things we can teach you if you decide to order.

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here