Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT: Stephanotis floribunda seeds

Posted by Aggie2 10a (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 28, 13 at 16:13

Hi All,

I got fresh seeds of Stephanotis floribunda, anybody interested? I have no use for it (mother plant and seedlings from last year are happily growing) so let me know and I will send it out!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT: Stephanotis floribunda seeds

Mememe :) I would like to try growing one!

o

ME ME ME I would love to try growing this jasmine from seeds! Email me please. THANKS!

o

Well, Aggie was generous enough to send me a whole fuzzy mass of her S. floribunda seeds, so I thought I'd post an update on how they're doing.

I seeded 5 containers, 3 with lids and 2 without. I wanted to see the difference between letting them experience a wet/dry cycle (never completely dry) versus keeping them moist and humid the whole time.

Here they are after a couple weeks:

Unlidded flats:
JLD_0699_1

JLD_0697

Lidded flats:

JLD_0700

JLD_0703

JLD_0704

As you can see, the plants in the flats that stayed damp and humid grew faster. Just in case anyone's worrying, after another week, there were just as many little seedlings in the "unlidded" flats. It just took them a little longer to get going.

JLD_0720

JLD_0717

JLD_0714

Well, thank you again Aggie for the super adorable adorable seedlings.

o

• Posted by Klea 4b (My Page) on
    Sat, May 25, 13 at 22:29

That's an interesting experiment, GG! And I've got to say those seedlings are super cute! :) Congratulations.

o

Me!!! I have tried to grow this plant once but failed. They say you cant really grow a plant well until you grow it from seed

o

Hehe. They look even cuter now, but I think I would probably bore everyone if I posted weekly updates. I can't believe how much faster these guys grow than Hoya seedlings. Are you listening to me, Hoyas?!?!

@ teengardener

I resurrected a pretty old thread (March) to post an update, so the seeds are all long gone or expired, I'm sure. If you want a seedling I'd be happy to send you one, when they get a little more sturdy, tho.

o

GG, your seedlings look great!

Have more seeds! Last seed pod ripened so if anyone is interested send me your mailing address! :)

o

i sent you an email! i would love to try some!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here