Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hoya ID's?

Posted by klnco4 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 6, 10 at 16:44

I know this is my third posting... but I promise its my last. =P

I got a Hoya from walmart the other day, and on the tag it said "Hoya Bella", however, I googled hoya Bellas and they dont really look much like this one.
If someone could give me an ID that would be great.

Photobucket

And this is a cutting I got from an unidentified Hoya species (ignore the 'Moses in the Cradle' plant to the right). The new growth on the mother plant was bright pink with yellow leaves. Most adult leaves were green with a yellow perimeter, but some were solid green. Any ideas?

Photobucket

I feel there is something else I could be doing besides letting it sit in a cup of water.. any suggestions on that?

Sorry for the abundance of questions. ;]

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hoya ID's?

Not sure about the first one - though it is really pretty - but I think the second one may be Hoya carnosa Krimson Queen.

o

The first one looks like Hoya carnosa 'Krimson Princess'

o

The first one is: BEAUTIFUL!!

o

That is one of the prettiest Krimson princess I've seen. The second one looks like Krimson queen.

You can put the cutting in some loose,chunky type of soil...don't over water while its trying to put out roots, keep the soil damp not wet. Oh, and if you have the cutting in a cold room, give it some bottom heat if possible.

Nice hoyas!

o

I just bought one of those hoyas, (first picture), and the tag said it was a Rubra. I did some research and it seems to bear that out.

o

I believe Pug hit the nail on the head with the Id's there. That is a very nice Krimson Princess.
Excellent advice for potting up the Krimson Queen too. If you can give it bottom heat, try putting pot and all inside a large clear plastic bag or better yet put that heat mat and pot into an aquarium, cover and let that baby root.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here