Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blooming today

Posted by geosdee Zone 8 FL Panhandle (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 28, 10 at 16:51

Here are a few that are blooming today.

Variegated Multiflora blooms for the first time - received in the fall. This one took about 2 weeks before the buds opened, I was beginning to think they weren't going to.

Variegated Multiflora
Another view
Variegated Multiflora
Speckled lacunosa
Speckled lacunosa
another view of the flower
Speckled lacunosa
This is magnifica - it is not blooming but I need to figure out what to do with it - any suggestions?
H. Magnifica

Thanks,

Dee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Blooming today

Dee,

My variegated multiflora went south as soon as I got it, dropped all it's leaves. The leafless stems remain fine, so I'm hoping it will leaf out this spring. We'll see...

As for magnifica, I put mine in a hanging pot, but it does seem to want to climb. I think it's going to be a big grower!

Denise in Omaha

o
RE: Blooming today

Congrats on your blooms...love the variegated leaves. Very pretty!

o

Nice plants Dee!

For some reason I did not think that I would like the variegated Hoya multiflora but that leaf on your plant changed my mind, really livens up the foliage on an otherwise kind plain Hoya.
Your Hoya magnifica looks very happy and healthy. I would put this one on a 24" - 48" trellis because it has nice big leaves and will appreciate the extra space/height to grow.

Mike

o

Nice photos. I love the var multflora.I am planning to order this one next week.

Cindy

o

• Posted by geosdee Zone 8 FL Panhandle (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 28, 10 at 19:53

Mike I think you really need this multiflora, not only for the leaves but the flowers are different as well, they are a little more green than the picture shows and not the yellow as on the plain green.

That magnifica didn't grow for a couple months, just sat there, then I guess it decided it liked Florida and has been growing pretty fast.

Denise, if yours doesn't make it I can send you a piece later, but I think it will pick up for you now that it is getting warm.

thanks for the compliments all.

Dee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here