Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hoya caudata

Posted by mikedahms London Ontario (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 13, 10 at 18:51

My Hoya caudata is blooming again so I though I would post a few photos. I find these flowers to be difficult to photograph because they face straight down.

Hoya caudata from above

Hoya caudata side view

Hoya caudata side close

Hoya caudata flower close

The flowers on my plant only last a day or two but the leaves more than make up for the beautiful but short lived flowers. Here is an older photo of a new leaf developing.

Hoya caudaya new leaf

Mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hoya caudata

Beautiful! Do you know any specifics about this caudata? I have two - one from DL last year with HUGE leaves and one from a trade early last year with small leaves.

Kelly

o

Mike, I love your Caudata bloom!! Caudata is one of my favorites for the leaves, but the bloom is definitely a bonus. Its a shame it is so short lived. I'm hoping my small one will bloom one day soon...but I think it will be a while. Thanks for the pictures.

Kelly, how cool that you have two different clones of Caudata.

o

Kelly this plant is from David Liddle as well and is IML 0965. The largest leaf is 4.5" long by 2.5" across.

Puglvr my plant bloomed first about a year after I got it as a cutting but did not really settle in and begin to grow and bloom well for a couple of years.

Mike

o

Beautiful flowers and awesome leaves, Mikey. I like the little "hairs" on the petals, makes them look even more delicate.

Tish

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here