Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
golden_ca_2000

Another name for VF-11??

golden_ca_2000
14 years ago

Just a quick question - VF-11 is there another name for this? I was looking for it on ebay as I have never seen it here in B.C. And I couldnt find anything? Can anyone tell me what to look for (another name)?

Comments (12)

• cpawl
    14 years ago

Hi
    The full name is eleanors vf-11.If you go across the boarder tto do any shopping you can get it at Fred Myers. They have the small bottles and the big jugs.

Cindy

• golden_ca_2000
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ok thanks very much Cindy!

• golden_ca_2000
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hmmm - I tried to find it on ebay and it doesnt come up? Maybe they dont sell it on ebay?

• cpawl
    14 years ago

Golden
    I have to take my in laws to seattle airport around April 23rd.I have to get more.let me know if you want me to pick you up some.

Cindy

• golden_ca_2000
    Original Author
    14 years ago

That is very generous of you Cindy.. but I wouldnt expect that... I will try and pick some up next time I'm in the States. Ideally I would have liked to buy some on ebay and have them ship it to me. Even if I could buy some and ship it to the sumas border and pick it up there. As long as there is no problems in bringing a fertilizer across??? Just a matter of finding it? Anyways - thanks again Cindy - you are very sweet! Take good care !

• golden_ca_2000
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I found the Eleanors site and it mentions that the product is especially good with african violets... Has anyone tried African violet fertilizer on their hoyas??

• patrick51
    14 years ago

Golden...no, I haven't tried AV fertilizer on hoyas, but the VF-11 does WONDERS for African Violets....like the label says...."AV's are constantly in bloom"...plus the plants more than doubled in size within a month and a half of using VF-11...I won't be without VF-11, for no other reason than the super growth and blooming of AV's. It's also superb for cuttings...in soil or water, and as a foliage spray. I've never found a "plant food" that quite compares with VF-11. Best wishes, Patrick

• cpawl
    14 years ago

Golden I have to agree with Patrick,I use VF-11 on my AV and they also love it.I have just ran out and will now have to wait until the middle of April to get more.

Cindy

• luvofroses
    14 years ago

I haven't used VF-11 on my violets but boy do my hoyas and other houseplants love it. My hoyas are growing like crazy and they all are watered with VF-11 I would not be without it.
    Ann

• golden_ca_2000
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well since I dont have the vf-ll easily accessible to me - do you guys use any other fertilizers - or could you advise which ones I COULD use instead? I am scared to just try anything cause I do not want to loose my hoyas. Do any of you use anything else with good results?

• mdahms1979
    13 years ago

Golden you can use what ever you want to fertilize your Hoyas, plants don't care for brand names. I have never used VF-11 but I think it is a micronutrient additive vs macronutrients which include Nitrogen, Potassium and Phosphorus that are the base of standard fertilizers. A kelp based concentrate would probably be a good replacement if you are looking for a fertilizer/foliage spray.
    I use the fertilizers that are for my orchids which is usually Dyna-Grow and more recently a switch to an organic fertilizer called Wegener's. I have even used an organic fish emulsion that was somehow rendered not stinky and I think that is a large component of the new Wegners fertilizer along with what is probably composted sheep manure. I use a balanced fertilizer or close to it anyways and I have stopped using bloom boosters because I think they are unnecessary as long as you provide the plant what it needs to flower. I use a more dilute fertilizer than is recommended on the labels and I fertilize more often instead of a heavy does every once and a while, that way I don't have to worry as much about fertilizer damage.
    I also use my fish aquarium water for my orchids and Hoyas and the low TDS (50/50 RO/tap) water that my Apistogramma Cichlids need is perfect for plants that are in terrariums or otherwise sensitive to mineral salt build up.
    If you have a hydroponics store locally I would recommend a visit because the ones in my area at least cater to orchid growers and have many potting additives, organic fertilizers, pest treatments, pots, lights and anything else you could ever need to grow just about anything.

Mike

• gardener3333
    12 years ago

you can buy it directly from Eleanors online

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts