Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dmichael619

O.T. the number 11

dmichael619
13 years ago

has anyone else thought about this??? The world trade center was attacked on 9/11/01,the earthquake in Haiti 1/11/09, earthquake in Japan 3/11/11

Comments (10)

• puglvr1
    13 years ago

Wow...that's really eerie...and very unsettling!

• Denise
    13 years ago

David,

I've always been fascinated by numbers. I used to do accouting work, so I guess I have that natural mindset. But 11 is a number that comes up frequently for both my mother and I. I can't tell you how often I look up at the clock (including waking up in the middle of the night) and it's 11:11. But I didn't realize the earthquake in Haiti occurred on a date so similar to 9/11 - that IS weird!

I'm not aware of any Japanese members here, but I'm sure praying for those poor folks over there. What a horrible tragedy... It's just so terribly sad.

Denise in Omaha

• dmichael619
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Denise the number (312) is like that for me. It started about 6 or 7 years ago. I went out to dinner one night with some friends and my change back for my portion of the bill was $3.12. Later on that same night I went into a store to buy something and my total for the items was $3.12. The same night I went o visit some friends and we were sitting outside in there front yard and I looked at the house directly across the street and the house number was 312. From that point on to this very day I see that number everywhere. Many nights I have woken up and it would be 3:12 am. I also find myself clocking out at work quite often at 3:12 pm. That number just kept appearing to me so often that one night I said to myself it has to mean something I just didn't know what and still don't!! I did get out my Bible one day though and read every chapter 3 verse 12 in it to see what I could find. I have no idea what significance if any the number 312 has to my life but it has to mean something as much as I still see those numbers!!!

david

• Denise
    13 years ago

So did anything interesting happen to you on Saturday (3/12)? I believe numbers do have a significance in our lives. Have you looked up "numerology" to see the significance of those numbers? I sure would! Some people look at me like I'm goofy when I suggest such things... SO WHAT?! There comes a point when it can NOT be coincidence!

Denise in Omaha

• quinnfyre
    13 years ago

The area code for downtown Chicago (the Loop) is 312. I don't know if that adds anything to the picture, it's just the first thing I thought of when I saw those numbers. Almost no one has a 312 area code for their phone number anymore, I think it's mainly businesses now. But I remember when it used to be all of Chicago's area code.

• dmichael619
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Denise I had the day off that was about the most interesting thing that happened!!! Otherwise it was a very uneventful day.

david

• greedygh0st
    13 years ago

I had a roommate in college who ascribed meaning to numbers as well. She said you get to make a wish when you happen to glance at a clock and it is 11:11. We had a close friend who died and on the hospital trip we encountered the number 1 2 3 three times, at the gas station, at the gift shop and at his time of death.

I don't know if you guys have ever watched the film The Number 23, but you might like it if you find this kind of thing interesting.

• quinnfyre
    13 years ago

Alright, ever since you brought this up, I have encountered the number 1234 several times lately. Weird. Like an order number being 1234, looking at the clock at 12:34, and stuff like that.

• greedygh0st
    13 years ago

Possibly fate telling you to acquire Hoya ____ (IML 1234)?

I'm just saying...

• squidy
    13 years ago

For me it's 33. It was my unlucky number for a long time for a.. somewhat stupid reason. But now every single one of my close friends' phone numbers ends in 33. Whenever they change their numbers, the 33 stays. Slightly disturbing.

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH