Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
very long peduncle

Posted by cpawl (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 30, 10 at 20:07

Today I was looking at the flowers of my waymaniae and noticed just how long the peduncle is.Its all most 7 inches long.

Photobucket

A closer view of the flower.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: very long peduncle

That is sooooooooooo cooooooooooooool!!!!! And a beautiful color. :)

Carolyn

o

They kinda look like tiny little pumpkins with knobbys on them. Neato! Do they smell?

o

Nope no smell.

Cindy

o

Love it! The long peduncle is a very cool characteristic and those orange blooms are just fantastic. Is your plant fairly large or did it flower while young? From the pot and hanger it looks like one you brought home from Thailand.

Mike

o

Yes it is one that I just brought home this trip and I would say its medium in size.It has lots of peduncles and some still have buds even after being in a box for a few days.The plant is in a 4 inch pot and I will move it up to a larger pot this summer.

Cindy

o

Cindy, that is so beautiful. I love waymaniae for the leaves but of course the blooms are a very nice bonus. I can't wait to see one of those on mine someday. I read on line that if you look at the bloom a certain way...it kind of looks like
horse's teeth,lol...You're so lucky to have found one with blooms/buds. Thanks for posting!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here