Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID this Plant....Linearis?

Posted by teisa Tn (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 27, 13 at 21:55

Well I went to one of the box stores today just to check out new spring shipments. Ive wanted a Linearis for a long time. Well I found this Exotic Angel but it didn't have an ID tag in it. Im not sure if it is Rhipsalis or Linearis. Can someone please give me an Identification on it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID this Plant....Linearis?

Not linearis. Rhipsalis, seems right. I saw one of those the other day too - cool plant.

Hoya linearis has fairly short internodes and the leaves are tender, fuzzy, and canoe shaped. The vines are fuzzy and delicate, too. Here's a close shot so you can see what I mean.

Hoya linearis

This post was edited by greedyghost on Wed, Mar 27, 13 at 22:18

o
RE: ID this Plant....Linearis?

Ok thanks GG. I was afraid it was Rhipsalis. But just so I didn't let a big basket slip right through my fingers, I thought I better check. I appreciate the close up and comparison, that will help alot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here