Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hoya danumensis (formerly wallichii?)

Posted by kellyknits 6/WV Eastern Panhand (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 11, 11 at 22:02

Is that right? Not for certain...

Anyhow, I bought this from Joni last summer - it's one of my "dream" hoyas. It's grown really well! Tonight I was checking out the new growth and noticed two peduncles with buds!

Here's one of those peduncles:
Hoya danumensis wallichii 03/11/11

And the whole plant:
Hoya danumensis wallichii 03/11/11

Also found a peduncle (no sign of buds) on Hoya cv mathilde. Can't remember how I ended up with this one. Maybe a trade? It wasn't on my Wish List, but it's really a nice, compact, fast growing little hoya! Hoping it will eventually be a frequent bloomer!

Hoya mathilde 03/11/11

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hoya danumensis (formerly wallichii?)

I am excited to see this one bloom. I understand it is white and a different type of bloom from a lot of the others. Also I hear this one smell good. When it opens I would love it if you could share your opinion on the fragrance.

-David

o

Hi kelly
I look at your photo of wallichii and the leaves look different than the one I have labeled wallichii.I got my cutting from Botaonvo.My cutting dose not grow very fast.It will be interesting to see your flowers.

Cindy

o

David,
I'll be busting at the seams to post about it when it blooms!

Cindy,
Can you post a picture of yours?

o

I got this hoya last may.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The leaves on my hoya seem much smaller than your hoya and it looks like theres a tail on all mine.

Cindy

o

Maybe my hoya is campanulata.

Here is a link that might be useful: hoyas in words and photos

o

Kelly your plants all look so happy and healthy and it looks like it will be a very good year for flowers as well.
You will be able to tell what Hoya you have when your plant blooms because the corona of wallichii and danumensis are quite different.

Cindy your plant does seem to have thinner leaves and that exaggerated drip tip is pretty neat.

I added a link so that when these plants bloom they can be identified.

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Hoya campanulata complex

o

Looking this foliage and the link you posted Mike I'll never be able to have campanulata and the rest of the family! The leafs and stem are too thin, will not survive the long trip. So sad to realize it.

Mitzi

o

Beautiful danumensis. Love the slightly wavy leaves. Hoyas with this effect always make me smile, like they've gotten a bit screwed up in the laundry. Kind of like Hoya merillii's leaves look until they've sorted themselves out.

o

This yet to be determined - danumensis or wallichii - is coming along! It now has 3 peduncles, although only two are currently budding.

IMG_3547

IMG_3549

Hoya patella has been VERY forgiving after the first two buds were knocked off and has produced another one! Will be more careful going forward!

IMG_3554

Kelly

o

Wow Kelly...I love those yellow buds...SO pretty! That is so cool about Patella. I hope this one makes it. Keep us posted!

o

Brilliant! Your danumensis/wallichii looks so vibrant. It's such a joy to rest my eyes on after stressing over my fast-fading cutting.

Love that patella is giving it another go. It sure is stubborn!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here