Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Look What Came Home w/ Me Last Weekend

Posted by pirate_girl Zone7 NYC (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 16, 10 at 23:23

Hi Folks,

Check out this pretty thing, cool find last weekend.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Calls itself Hoya Tricolor 8" pot, not EA. Cleaned up really nicely.

I guess it's H. Krimson Queen w/ some extreme coloring which I guess will whiten w/ age. Has extremely variable leaves, not just in color but in shape, some look like mini KP leaves, but has some some elliptical, some round?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Look What Came Home w/ Me Last Weekend

One more view?

Photobucket

o

Hi PG, yes, it's a KP. A vey pretty one at that. I have a cutting from last year and it has taken off like gang busters here lately. It's one I really enjoy watching for new growth b/c every leaf seems to be different and so colorful when they are new.

Good find.

Maid~

o

Hi Karen,

That's what they call the "superior clone" of KQ. It's a nice one - I have one, too, but I almost lost it and it's now fairly happy in hydroton. It hasn't grown much since I almost lost it, but I think it's settled in and will take off this spring. It's a beauty!

Denise in Omaha

o

I just bought one on ebay just like the one in this picture. I may need your advise once it arrive.

o

I kinda thought you'd all like 'em. I think it's gorgeous & just the kind of leaves to remember when one thinks of growing Hoyas as much for foliage as for blooms (right Denise?). I think this foliage is amazing, can't wait to see how it ages.

There were a good 1/2 dozen of these in the store. AM tempted to get a 2nd one myself, 8" for $10. Am wondering, should I buy them for people?

o

Hello Karen....I posted a response on the House Plant forum several days ago, but for some reason, several of my posts never appeared, assuming it's technical difficulties with GW. Anyways, congratulations on your beautiful KQ, superior clone. I, too, have this variety and it grows fast and enormously...mine is so heavy that I had to remove it from the hanging pipes and place it on a plant stand....it was literally pulling the pipes down. Good selection, my friend...and please enjoy!! Fondly, Patrick

o

I got one too last week form walmart for $8. Any special care for this one? Water and light? I really like it.
I am so glad that spring is here.

Stacey

o

I misspoke above, meant to say some leaves look like mini KQ leaves (not KP). The variegation is definately on the outer edge, not inner.

Thanks for the congrats everybody, I think I'm gonna go buy more 'cause (A) I LOVE it & (B) maybe I can use it for swaps later this year.

Besides, I think it was two years ago (maybe 3) right around this time of year that I first found the H. Lacunosa Snow Cap at the same HD, & couldn't take it home that day cause there were snow flurries.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here