Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mildew on Pachyclada

Posted by teisa 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 27, 13 at 0:23

Hi I am hoping someone can give me advice on a plant that is having problems. I started a plant off my big Pachy and gave it to my mom. Well her house is next to a large creek and is very humid. When I visited tonight I noticed a leaf dropped from the small plant. (currently has about 10 leaves). I touched the pot and another dropped. All the newer leaves had mildew spots on the underside and it is dropping the newest 4 leaves like crazy. I just bought Sulfur -fungicide this week ( for Clivia seedlings) so I'm wondering if this would help the plant?

I know Mike has given people great advice about fungus in the past!! So I hope he sees this post!!! Or has anyone else experienced this??

-Teisa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mildew on Pachyclada

Hmm. Well I'd have her mix cinnamon with enough water to make a paste and smear that all over the underside. I've had luck with that in the past.

I also made a strong solution of 1:6 lemon juice and water last year when I developed mildew on the tops of my leaves in my aquarium. The mold was this really weird sticky stuff so I sprayed, then scrubbed it off, and then sprayed again. Idk whether that was what I was supposed to do but it worked.

o
RE: Mildew on Pachyclada

I have used on many occasions athletes food spay.I usually have problems with mildew in early spring when we still get cool nights with our high humidity.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here