New bloomer

Posted by haxuan Vietnam (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 21, 10 at 1:39

Thanks for looking.

Xuan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New bloomer

How pretty! I just got this one in a trade thanks to a DG member and it's in bud now!

Kelly

o

Xuan your garden is just beautiful, oh and your Hoya to. Is this your garden in the North?

Mike

o

Very pretty Xuan...thanks for sharing!

o

Absolutely stunning!!! What is it? Some type of Multiflora? Really breathtaking Xuan!!!

~Tish~

o

Really neat blooms, Xuan! Is it fragrant? It's the most unique multiflora that I've seen. The one most commonly referred to as multiflora is actually called javanica? They say the flowers have a citrus (lemon) scent.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Beautiful!!

o

Thank you everyone, really appreciate your interest in my plant.

No, I couldn't detect any scent from the blooms, I may try to sniff them again in the evening to see if they smell.

I'm still "unsure" of the plant ID; even a hoya person (Apodagis owner) could not agree if it's a "multiflora" or not due to its leaf form. But judging by the form of its bloom, Mike believed it's a true form of multiflora.

I couldn't find a multiflora with similar-looking leaf form on the net, though!

Xuan

o

Brad here is the photo montage of the flowers of the three plants the are often all referred to as Hoya multiflora.

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Hoya multiflora montage from STEMMA Journal

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here