Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rooting Retusa

Posted by luckylittlebug (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 20, 12 at 6:54

It's a long story that I just tried to post (from my phone) but failed, so I will just keep it short this time & ask if anyone has any personal/successful experience with rooting H. retusa. I would love some help! I received a large plant last week that was in the mail for too long and all of the stems were rotted at the soil level so I had to take cuttings, half of which (out of about 20 or so) have died already (the ones in Northern exposure died as opposed to two drier pots in Western exposure, of which about half have died)...I just received another very long & healthy cutting (by surprise) in the mail today & I really, really hope I can at least root this one! I'm guessing a chunky/airy mix, barely moist, with humidity? Or maybe I should try semi-hydro for the first time? I ordered some Seaweed extract today, just for the general care of my other hoyas...would that help? Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rooting Retusa

/drop

Please post responses in the original thread. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here