Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moving on out

Posted by rennfl none (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 13, 13 at 7:54

Finally, I think the weather is warm enough to get the warm growers completely outside this weekend! We had a warmer than usual winter, I don't think my backyard ever frosted this year, but a pretty cool spring, so this move has been delayed.

So I'll be spending most of today arranging them outside according to watering and sunlight tolerances.

So plants that I left outside this past winter for the first time.

crassicaulis
cumingiana
meliflua
lacunosa (yeah it didn't do well oops)
cembra
paziae (Iris Marie?)
tannaensis

And then the ones that I have done before

polyneura
serpens
bella
publicalyx
obovata
australis
dasyantha
carnosa
fungii

With the exception of the lacunosa, the ones that are left outside, still did well. And these ones, although their growth does slow, they perform better than the ones brought inside. I'm guessing the fresh air and direct sunlight overrides the cooler weather.

Anyone else getting ready to move them out?

Renee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moving on out

Too cold here, sounds like fun work though! ~ Mary

o

Too cold still in PA. I usually have to wait until the end of April for the last frost to pass.

o

• Posted by Klea 4b (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 15, 13 at 15:29

No hoyas will be moved outside until early June. We got about 10 cm. of snow on saturday, and there will be frosty nights still. :(

o

Ouch. We're just rainy and cold, with a dusting due tomorrow=/
Mine are fine indoors; one is dormant, one putting out new growth. No moving outdoors for me either, unfortunately...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here