Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
H. cagayanensis

Posted by brsucculents 9a (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 28, 13 at 8:26

I often read that this species has "shimmering" leaves. Mine are VERY dull/flat. What do people mean by this?
Also Ted Green state emphatically: "This is not pimenteliana." Every where else states that these are the same species. Can anyone verify that they are different?
Randy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: H. cagayanensis

I cannot.

I have the IML 1600, which is the plant that DL changed the name of in his catalog (from pimenteliana to cagayanensis) after CB compared it with the older Schlechter publication and found them to match.

I also have the plant that TG lists as pimenteliana in his catalog.

These two appear to be the same plant (to me). If there is one that is different, I don't have it.

I can be more helpful about the iridescent business. The leaves do look flat green from a distance or in the wrong light. They're not obviously glittery or sparkly like an Episcia leaf. It's more like the faintly metallic sheen of washed satin. I find it easier to see in either shadow, or natural light. It's invisible under my artificial bulbs.

I remember when I got my plant I looked for it and was mystified. But it's like a magic eye picture - once you see it you can't stop seeing it.

o
RE: H. cagayanensis

Damn these magic eye pictures.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here