Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Strange leaf on 'Krimson Queen'

Posted by wrynsmom 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 8, 10 at 11:43

Just thought I'd share. Bought this little EA plant, yesterday for $2. There were four plants in the pot, and this STRANGE little funnel leaf on one. :) Thought you guys might like it!

Have a great day!

Carolyn

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Strange leaf on 'Krimson Queen'

Cool!!! Is it hard or soft. I'm just wondering if it is going to grow up to be a big funnel, teehehe...

~Tish~

o

It's pretty rigid. I'm thinking it might stay this way!

Carolyn

o

I love unusual leaves, as long it's not because of some damage. That's neat. Post again when it's all grown up.

Denise in Omaha

o

Yes, that's very cool. One of the very cool things about KQ leaves is how variable in shape the leaves can be.

I've recently bought 2 large regular KQ which are pretty standard & then also 2 of what I've been told here is the 'superior clone' which has exrememly variable leaves. Makes it extra fun (to me).

Yes, pls. DO post back & show us your funnel leaf as it matures.

o

Carolyn that is such an adorable leaf on your Krimson Queen....
alba in Hawthorne,CA

o

That whole pot of plants was strange. :) That particular plant also had irregularly shaped leaves that were cupped. Another had leaves that were shaped like 'Chelsea' and another like 'Krinkle 8', but all were variegated. Strange, indeed.

I will post more pics as it matures. :)

Carolyn

o

It looks like your Hoya has grown a little ear, neat o.

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here