Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hoya in uk

Posted by averil 8b (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 8, 13 at 12:24

Hi all, just wondering if there are any Brits on here that could tell me where I can find an Indian rope hoya in uk. I've scoured all the websites and can't find any
Many thanks
Averil uk

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hoya in uk

Is it possible for you to order outside of the UK? Paul Shirley Succulents is in the Netherlands and stocks a great list of Hoyas. Sorry I am not familiar with any UK sources.

Mike

o

Hi MIke, thanks for your help. THat is a brilliant on line shop you directed me to. My only worry is all their plants are unrooted cuttings. Will the rope hoya root in water? I never have much luck rooting plants in a planting media

o

I would email Mr. Shirley and see what he has already rooted. Other than that we can help you learn to root cuttings as well. It's not hard once you learn how. Water rooting is certainly possible but many of us prefer the results when cuttings are rooted in potting mix.

Mike

o

Thanks mike, I shall email them and if I have to will order uprooted and come back to your good selves for advice
Kind reds
Averil

o

Glasshouseworks in Ohio has a good variety of Hoyas, including healthy Hindu Rope Hoyas that I have purchased from them.

Here is a lady in London: http://hillshoya.blogspot.com/ that maybe can help you.

Good luck! TammyPie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here