aff. parasitica 'Lao 2'
deykeae (sp?)
sp. ban ngon ngoy

and my mystery bundle:

sp. orange acanthostemma
sp. 97005 (HUGE leaves)
carnosa 'Chelsea'
bhutanica
elliptica EPC-641 (funny, because I got this last summer from her and I quickly lost it. I have a second chance!)
imperialis 'Mosiac'

A few questions:

Anyone have any advice about these hoyas? They're all cuttings at this point and will be potted up tonight.

Ted Green believes imperialis 'Mosiac' to be virused. Anyone know the end of that?

Thanks!

This post was edited by goddess9 on Tue, Apr 16, 13 at 15:41

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few Hoya questions. :-)

I grow Ban Ngong Noy with the same culture as carnosa.

I also have aff. parasitica 'Lao2', and that one I keep a little more moist, and medium level light.

Good luck, nice group.

Renee

o

Congratulations on the new Hoyas. None of them are particularly fussy plants. Keep the cuttings warm and in high humidity and they should root without any problems.

I looked up Hoya sp Orange Acanthostemma on SRQ and well, it's definitely NOT an Acanthostemma section species. Nice looking plant otherwise.

Mike

o

That orange acanthostemma does not appreciate drought. Make sure you stay on top of its watering schedule.

I lost my first one and almost lost my second one the same way. I ended up just plunking it in my aquarium until it gets bigger and it has flourished there.

Not that I'm saying that's what you have to do - I just suck at watering all my plants on time, sometimes.

@ Mike

I have no comment on its label other than that Joni said she got it in a Swedish trade and that's the name it came with.

This post was edited by greedyghost on Wed, Apr 17, 13 at 18:06

o

@Renee - Thanks! I've been wanting those 3 for about a year now. I had missed my chance on them many times so I snatched them up this time. :)

@Mike - I have them in my rooting aquarium now. My first batch rooted at a rate of 100%. I'm hoping it's this way this time around. I have no clue about the sp. orange acanthostemma...

@GG - Thanks for the tip. It'll stay in the aquarium until it's well established or dies. I tend to underwater as well...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here