Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My New Obovata

Posted by moonwolf 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 14, 10 at 13:39

The mail came today and my obovata cutting was in it along with two carnosa cuttings! I'll post pictures of them later.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My New Obovata

I looked at your obovata on photobucket and . . . are you sure that's an obovata?

Carolyn

o

Carolyn,

That's what the person I traded with said it was. The leaf is rather soft, not hard like a carnosa or pubicalyx. I've never had obovata so I don't know what kind of leaves they have. If it isn't obovata, I hope I can get a proper ID.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

I would post the pic on here. H. obovata is hard and roundish. :) Start a new thread and post the pic . . .see what everyone says. I'm curious!

Carolyn

o

Here's my obovata that I got from Sue.

houseplants,hoyas

o

And a beautiful H. obovata, it is. :)

Carolyn

o

It IS beautiful, and it has 5 budding peduncles!

o

I agree, the other doesn't look like Obovata which I have grown & has such a distinctly round leaf shape.

The leaf shape of the other looks more like that of maybe Obscura to me, tho' seems large for that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here