Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

I Finally Got It!

moonwolf_gw
12 years ago

Hi everyone,

I couldn't pass it up. Joni has Royal Flush on her April sale and now chalk up one more for my collection :). My Ruby Sue and Sno Caps cuttings are doing extremely well. I just spotted a point of new growth on Sno Caps.

Well, better get moving and water some plants. I'm glad I can start feeding them again (MG Tomato Food). Maybe that'll get some blooms for me on fungii lol.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Comments (6)

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

Congratulations, Brad! :D I'm so happy for you. I just found my first Sno Caps blooms yesterday and it totally made up for my discovery of a small mealy invasion a few feet away. Sometimes I think they should manually plant a mealybug on everyone's first Hoya, just so we don't have that false grace period where we believe we'll never get infected because we're too smart.

Anywayyyyyy. I think lacunosas are awesome and everyone should have every cultivar. If you just have one, it gets lonely. That is my stance and I'm sticking to it.

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, GG! Congrats on the Sno Caps blooms! I really miss the fragrance and I hope mine get to bloom soon. Royal Flush isn't in my collection yet, physically, but it will be soon :).

I agree that everyone should have at least one lacunosa in their collection, unless they find the scent overpowering lol. When I had my first lacunosa, now deceased if you recall, mom smelled the blooms and loved it. I was surprised since she has a sensitive nose, but we all liked it. In case you were wondering, I have not yet picked out a name yet for Royal Flush lol.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• Aggie2
    12 years ago

Congrats Brad,

I got Royal Flush from Joni last month, it was first one I received in new smaller pot and it looks great. It is growing like mad, and I had to pot it up last weekend, as it was drying very fast! It's my second lacunosa, and most likely not the last one!
    Aggie

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

You know, at first I could barely tell the difference between my Royal Flush and Ruby Sue. But as they mature in the same conditions, it becomes more and more pronounced. It's cool.

I have this one flat where all my lacunosas live, getting tangled up in each other and every time I look at it, it reminds me of that awesome tangled mass of Dischidias when Denise took me on the best field trip ever. I may never have a greenhouse, but at least I can create a mini overgrown carpet. That gives me the lols.

• golden_ca_2000
    12 years ago

I apologize to go off topic but, Speaking of Denise... has anyone heard from her lately? I hope everything is alright on her side of the world....

• greedygh0st
    12 years ago

I heard a peep from her the other day, so she's still kickin' but I don't know much more than that. Maybe she'll chime in. :) I was kind of hoping for an update myself!

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor