Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Here's the H. aff. parasicta 'Lau 2'

Posted by wrynsmom 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 6, 10 at 16:30

Photobucket

Photobucket

This one also came from Joni. Lots of buds!!!!
I just repotted it, and in doing so, had to switch to a larger trellis . . .hope it doesn't mind too much. :(

Carolyn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Here's the H. aff. parasicta 'Lau 2'

I like this hoya,I will have to keep my eye open for this one.

Cindy

o

Very pretty leaves Carolyn!!! Do you know what the flowers look like? I'm a "leaves person", but that doesn't mean I don't love the flowers too. I'm so excited to see everyones orders. I mean that's what Spring is all about, isn't it? ;) Keep the pictures coming Carolyn!

Tish

o

That's a very nice Hoya Carolyn! I too love the leaves...very pretty and how exciting to get buds/flowers, Congrats! Please show us when it opens.

o

I'm hoping this one opens. There were some "weather" issues . . . so it may blast. :(

I'm a sucker for leaves, too, Tish! I never EXPECT flowers . . . they're just an added bonus!

There will be more pics on Thursday or Friday . . . getting a package from HAWAII!!!! Can't wait for that one. Eight more plants!

macgillivrayi
doliocosparte IML 1377
citrina IML 734
acuta var
australis 'Kapoho
plicata
hellwigiana
and a bonus NOID

This is WAAAAAY better than my birthday!!!

Carolyn

o

Wow I can hardly believe the number of peduncles for the size of the plant, you must have been thrilled when you took it out of the box. If the buds don't blast I would love to hear what you think of the flowers scent.

I wonder if this is the same species as Hoya sp Davao Philippines? I just got a cutting of that Hoya after see a similar looking species on the Apodagis site. The flecking on the leaves is just gorgeous.

Mike

o

Really beautiful!

o

Thanks, guys!

The flowers will be white with hot pink centers. :) That's all I know for sure. As for the scent . . . well, I sprayed it with NEEM, so unless the flowers have a strong scent, I might not smell them, this time around. :)

Carolyn

o

Carolyn most of the Hoyas from this section are very fragrant, Hoya verticillata and Hoya parasitica are anyways. I am still waiting on my Hoya acuta IML 0146 to bloom even though it's become a huge plant there are no peduncles. My other plants from this section are either just cuttings or were cuttings just six months ago so I have quite a while to wait for blooms.

I added a link to a page on Hoya sp. Davao Philippines because I forgot to add it to my reply yesterday. The leaves and flowers look/sound just like what you describe.

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Hoya sp Davao Philippines

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here