Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hoya compacta trouble

Posted by gardensnail22 08 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 25, 10 at 16:42

Help! My huge hoya compacta is loosing leaves and I can't figure out what is wrong. It is 13' long or longer. It has been in the same window and watered the same way for years. The leaves are yellowing and falling off starting at the pot and working their way down the stem. Oh Yeah, it's gonna bloom too!! When I noticed it about 6 weeks ago I repotted in a larger pot because I know its usually too much or too little water. There was still dirt and the roots looked fine. The first few weeks after watering it seemed to stop happening but now they are falling off again. I am lost. Any suggestions??? I water once a week with VF-11. Thanks Jane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hoya compacta trouble

Hi Jane, I am sorry to hear your huge compacta is having problem. I don't think it needed to re pot if there were dirt left when you transplanted. Maybe getting too much water, I would put it back in original container if it was mine and keep the roots drier for awhile but misting the leaves.
Good luck!

Jan

o
RE: hoya compacta trouble

Jane...personally, I would water the plant heavily with a solution of BATS...not only would this rid your plant of any pests, it contains fertilizer that would be beneficial to your plant. As David has stated in previous posts, H. compacta needs more water than people generally suggest. You may not see any evidence of mealies, but they could be attacking the roots...so, to be on the safe side, I'd water it heavily with the BATS, and do so immediately, then do not water for a full 10 days. Since David's advice to water more heavily, my compacta has become a "show piece". Wishing you good fortune with this lovely hoya!! Fondly, Patrick

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here