Return to the Hoya Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Macrophylla Varigate Penducle??

Posted by teisa TN (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 29, 13 at 16:52

Macrophylla Varigated it my favorite Hoya. I was beginning to think it would NEVER bloom. But this may just be a penducle....Does it look like it to anyone else?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Macrophylla Varigate Penducle??

sorry this was sideways.

o

Here is the whole plant.

o

It looks like it. Congragulations

o

Sorry, I guess i'm looking in the wrong place for the peduncle.

But pls. I must ask, are those white clumps of fuzzy on the plant, I see a number of them, they look like mealy bugs. Does no one else see this?

Macrophylla is one of my all time favorites too.

o

Hi Karen,

The only thing I see is the water drops. In the topsoil there is white perilite showing. I guess the flash makes the water appear white. There is one spot where a small hole is through the leaf. But trust me no mealies!!! :)

-Teisa

o

Teisa,

Plant itself is gorgeous and peduncle on it great bonus! Keep posting as it gets bigger!

o

I did wonder if they might be water droplets, glad to learn that's the case, so sorry & nevermind.

o

That is weird - I've never seen the flash make water droplets look white. Glad to hear you don't have those nasty buggers!!

Once macrophylla starts to bloom, it gets clusters of peduncles at several nodes and blooms prolifically. Congrats!!

Denise in Omaha

o

Hey Everyone. Sorry for the confusion, I decided to take another picture before watering, without the water drops. This Hoya has grown from about 6 leaves to well over 30, so Im anxiously awaiting blooms!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hoya Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here